Animal General is a full service hospital for cats and dogs. In addition to everything you might expect at a veterinary hospital, we also provide these services:
- puppy and kitten visits
- comprehensive wellness exams and preventive care
- routine laboratory testing
- microchip identification
- health certificates
- domestic and international travel documentation
Acute/Chronic Medical Care
- cardiology (e.g., hypertension, heart failure)
- endocrine (e.g., diabetes, thyroid disturbances)
- gastroenterology/nutrition (e.g., malnutrition, obesity, food intolerance)
- infectious diseases (e.g., parasites, viral/bacterial illness)
- neurology (e.g., seizures, stroke)
- soft-tissue surgery
- one-on-one post-operative recovery
- 24-hour nursing care
- examination and preventive care
- digital dental x-rays
- Bloodwork: Hematology & Biochemical Analysis
- Urinalysis & Fecal Analysis
- Cytology & Histopathology
- Fungal cultures
- Immunization status/protective titers
Clients and patients of Animal General also have these benefits:
- Puppy Play Group twice weekly.
- We encourage visiting your pets during hospitalization. Visiting hours are 1-3 PM and 7-9 PM daily.
- At-Home Euthanasia – The most sacred thing we can do for your pet.
- A TLC (Tender Loving Care) Coordinator who stays with your pet, one-on-one, while he/she recovers from anesthesia.
- Geriatric care for elderly pets
In 1999, Animal General was awarded
The Practice of Excellence Award, bestowed to the top 12 well managed veterinary practices in the country.