Animal General is proud to be a full service veterinary hospital. In addition to preventative care (annual exams and vaccines) we provide a vast array of veterinary services and diagnostics.
- Puppy and kitten visits
- Comprehensive wellness exams
- Routine laboratory testing
- Microchip identification
- Health certificates
- Domestic and international travel documentation
DIAGNOSTIC VETERINARY SERVICES
- Bloodwork: Hematology & Biochemical Analysis
- Urinalysis & Fecal Analysis
- Cytology & Histopathology
- Fungal cultures
- Immunization status/protective titers
- Full anesthetic monitoring (EKG, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, end-tidal CO2)
- Spay and Neuters
- Orthopedic surgeries
- Abdominal exploratory surgeries
- Laceration repair
- Prophylaxis, under full anesthesia, to allow for proper examination of each tooth
- Digital dental x-rays
- Dental nerve blocks
DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF ACUTE/CHRONIC MEDICAL CARE
- cardiology (e.g., hypertension, heart failure)
- endocrinology (e.g., diabetes, thyroid disturbances)
- gastroenterology/nutrition (e.g., malnutrition, obesity, food intolerance)
- infectious diseases (e.g., parasites, viral/bacterial illness)
- neurology (e.g., seizures, stroke)
- one-on-one post-operative recovery
- 24-hour nursing care
CLIENT AND PATIENT SERVICES
- Puppy Play Group twice weekly. (Tuesday and Thursday 7pm-8pm. Class is participant dependent, call ahead to inquire)
- We encourage visiting your pets during hospitalization. Visiting hours are 1-3 PM and 6-8 PM Monday through Friday, 1-3PM and 5-7PM Saturdays and 2-4 Sundays.
- A TLC (Tender Loving Care) Coordinator who stays with your pet, one-on-one, while he/she recovers from anesthesia.
- Geriatric care for elderly pets
- As the most sacred service we provide to our patients, we strive to make the last moments with your pet as peaceful as possible. We encourage clients to remain with their pets as long as they are comfortable and even offer at-home euthanasia services.
FIVE KEYS TO PRACTICE EXCELLENCE
Innovation and sincerity drive the success of Animal General. Owner Dr. Paul Howell and Practice Administrator Karen Heidgerd credit these traits:
Patients are paramount
"Every decision comes down to what's best for the patient," Dr Howell says. This includes twenty-four-hour nursing care, 4.4 staff members per doctor, and veterinarians with internships and advanced training.
"Puppy play groups, geriatric care, and grievance counseling are just some of products of our brainstorming," says Heidgerd. "This makes our work fun." And these are only part of what Animal General has incorporated as a total care package.
"You must promote employees' growth, celebrate their diversity, pay them well, and encourage them to take risks," Dr. Howell says.
Offering exceptional service
Clients appreciate friendly and caring staff members, prompt response after hours, and meticulous, timely follow-up calls for clinical problems. Animal General does not "over-schedule," and thus each patient receives at least 30 minutes with a doctor.
Caring for the practice culture
Dr. Howell and Heidgerd have identified the above core values that make up the 'soul' of the practice. These two innovators support this excellent foundation of veterinary services - consisting of a fine organization of people who work as a team-community and up-to-date services - with a deeply-felt, practical, and holistic philosophy.
[ Excerpted from article in Veterinary Economics ]