Common Pet Problems Treated by Our NYC Veterinarians
As a pet owner, you should understand when to seek veterinary care for your pet. By learning about common reasons to visit a veterinarian as well as common illnesses to be aware of, you will be better equipped to care for your pet. Here at Animal General, our New York City veterinarians treat various pet conditions and are well-equipped to provide your pet with the excellent care it needs.
Common Reasons Pets Visit Veterinarians
The reasons you may bring pets to visit veterinarians in our clinic depend on your situation. Common factors that result in a visit to a vet:
- Allergic reactions - which may cause a rash, swelling or seasonal allergy symptoms
- Ear infections - which often causes redness or itchiness in the ears
- Sudden weight loss - often related to hyperthyroidism in cats
- Vomiting – it may stem from eating something that doesn't agree with your pet or is a symptom of other conditions
- Diarrhea - often stems from digestive health concerns
- Signs of pain - may relate to arthritis, injuries or a medical condition
- Diabetes - causes extreme thirst, loss of consciousness or severe problems with your pet's health
- Dental conditions - can cause bleeding gums or redness in the mouth
- Parasites - like fleas and ticks, cause itchiness and rashes in your pets
- Heart conditions - veterinarians diagnose during routine exams or check-ups with other conditions
- Hyperthyroidism - causes weight loss without a clear explanation
Dogs and cats both have a risk of parasites, dental conditions, and injuries. Cats are more likely to have hyperthyroidism, diabetes and heart conditions. A dog is more likely to have ear infections, osteoarthritis, and digestive conditions.
Treating Common Conditions
Treatment at our NYC veterinary clinic allows us to treat both common health conditions and even administer emergency pet care during urgent situations. The treatment plan depends on your pet's symptoms and condition. We may run blood tests or urine tests to check on your pet's health and provide a custom treatment plan using medication, preventative care, and proper diet plans.
Contact our NYC Animal Hospital Today
Keeping your pet healthy starts with preventative healthcare for your pet. Make sure your pet is routinely visiting our New York City veterinarians here at Animal General. For more information on common pet conditions, urgent pet care, or to schedule an appointment, call us at (212) 501-9600 today.