Dear Pet Parents,
The health and well-being of your pet, family, and our team members are top priority. As the situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure you we plan to remain open during our regular business hours.
We are closely monitoring the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities regarding the spread of the virus to ensure we are taking the appropriate precautions and actions to keep patients, clients, and employees healthy and safe during this time.
During this time, we will be changing to curbside service. We are taking this precaution to eliminate constant contact of door handles, countertops, pens, and to aid in social distancing. By taking these safety measures, it is our goal to be able to remain open to serve the needs of our community’s pets.
Appointments, pick-ups, drop-offs, medication and food refills will be handled curbside:
1. Please bring dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier
2. Upon your arrival at the clinic, please call us at 212-501-9600
3. A team member will discuss all your needs and concerns by phone during check-in
4. A team member will meet you at the front of the clinic and will individually take your pet(s) in for evaluation and care
You may choose to wait or we can call you when your pet is ready.
With the colder weather sneaking up on us we are now allowing clients in the practice with the following guidelines:
- 1 client per patient(s)
- Each client must take his or her temperature before walking into the lobby - we will have a free-standing thermometer and hand sanitizer at the door.
- All clients must wear a mask at all times when in the practice.
- You must stay Socially Distanced in the waiting room (there will be markers on the floor in 6-foot increments)
- Because of the design of our exam rooms – social distancing isn’t possible. All clients must stay in the lobby while the doctor sees your pet.
- The doctor will be able to communicate with you via phone for updates or any questions you may have.
- No food or drinks will be served or allowed in the lobby
You may pay for services and products over the phone by credit/debit card. For other payment methods, please ask a team member for assistance.
Additional Measures we are Asking Clients to Follow:
· Please do not come to our clinic if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a fever.
· Please reschedule your pet’s veterinarian appointment if you have been in contact with anyone that has had a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure.
Pets and the Coronavirus:
It is important to note that there is currently no evidence that pets can become sick with COVID-19. Infectious disease experts, as well as the CDC, World Organization for Animal Health, and World Health Organization indicate there is also no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including spreading COVID-19 to people. More investigation is underway and as we learn more, we will update you.
The CDC and The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)also have comprehensive websites with up-to-date information about COVID-19 and your pet(s). Additional information about the Coronavirus and your pets’ health are available at the following online resources:
We value your partnership in your pet’s healthcare and appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.