Puppy and Kitten Visits to New York Veterinarian at Animal General
Puppies and kittens need good medical care in their first year of life. At Animal General in New York, we provide the type of care that pets need in order to stay healthy and grow up strong. We also help new pet owners learn to take care of their pets. By answering pet owner questions, giving pets the care they need and by administering wellness care, we help puppies and kittens feel their best.
Benefits of Puppy and Kitten Visits in New York
There are many reasons to bring your puppy or kitten in for a doctor visit in New York!
- Develop a good relationship with the veterinarian - The more time your pet spends with the veterinarian, the easier spending time with the vet becomes.
- Veterinarians can answer pet owner questions - Your pet's vet can answer your questions about pet care, exercise, diet and other issues.
- Your pet's veterinarian can catch health conditions before they become serious - Getting early treatment for health conditions can help ensure that your pet will stay healthy.
What to Expect From Your Pet's Animal Doctor On the Upper West Side
When you bring your pet in for a doctor visit at the vet on the upper west side, the appointment may consist of many different parts.
- Wellness exams. During your pet's wellness exam, we'll check your pet's skin, fur, ears, eyes and teeth. We'll also weigh your pet and listen to his or her breathing and heartbeat.
- Vaccinations. Pets need vaccinations to stay protected from common illnesses and serious diseases. At Animal General, we administer core and non-core vaccines to pets. We help pet owners determine which vaccines are right for their pets, and we track each patient's vaccination schedule to ensure that pets get the right vaccines at the right time.
- Spay and neutering. Spaying and neutering helps control the pet population in New York. We provide safe spay and neutering services to pets of our community.
- Parasite preventatives. We prescribe parasite preventatives to our pet patients to help them avoid problems like flea and tick infestations.
In addition to our standard wellness treatments, we also provide emergency care to our pet patients. We help puppies and kittens who become injured or who ingest toxic substances, to help them make a full recovery.
When To Bring In Your Puppy or Kitten for a Veterinary Appointment
Puppies and kittens need to start seeing the veterinarian by the time they reach between 6 and 8 weeks of age. Following the first visit, many pets will need to have follow-up visits for more vaccines. If your puppy or kitten displays symptoms of illness or injury, make an appointment even if it's not yet time. Look out for symptoms such as:
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden changes in mood, irritability
Schedule an Appointment with Your New York Veterinarian
As your pet's veterinarian in the upper west side in New York, we help new pets get off to a healthy start. We provide vaccinations, spay and neutering services, wellness exams and more. We care for our pet patients and want to see them thrive! To make an appointment, contact us today at (212) 501-9600.